How to survive life as a single mom with young kids.

First and most important rule NEVER choose/become one unless it is unavoidable for cases like the husband is sick, a marine or serving the country and etc.



As for now, I am literally a single mom who have chosen not to follow husband to peninsular Malaysia for his two years studies.

Now, it has been four months (only). I have already felt the pinch of having to struggle alone in making both work, toddler and everything alright.

There had been bad occassions such as earthquake, car broke down, problematic babysitter and work overloads that made myself miserable in coping and swallowing them all by myself.

When I bring the toddler out and see others have both of their parents, I really hope it won't hurt my toddler who might question, "where is her daddy?"

But I know I have to set formula to make me survive those perils.

1/Ask blessing, courage and protection from God.  Be at any condition, we need His help to protect and bless what we do and courage to face any bad things.

2/Workout- this activity does boost immune system, release feel-good hormone which would make you to think there's nothing impossible in this world. This is very important to ensure well being of both mind, emotional and physical.



3/Eat good and healthy stuff- for obvious reason. Single and working mom has to be healthy to make everything in right track.

4/Let boss and colleagues know your situation- try to make them understand that you are surviving single mom life and want to make sure the kid gets basic needs such as quality time and attention.

5/Make a circles of good friends- Find friends to mingle with in time of boredom, emotional breakdown, but no one is  interested to befriend with a sad friend ALL THE TIME. Make friends for good occassions,too.

6/Build good rapport with neighbors. It could be as simple as saying hello, passing food to them during festivities and etc.

7/Connect with other mothers. It can be virtually. I am currently share my daily thought on a Dayre App. Other moms definitely able to understand and offer encouragement and advice.

8/In time of emergency, don't hesitate to call for helps from family, friends,neighbours and etc. When my car breaks down, my final solution would be calling insurance to get a truck to tow it to workshop and bring me home.

9/Don't stress too much of your life. Everyone could get it through regardless how difficult it is. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.