Review on Qdees school.

This post is merely on personal view of the Qdees kindergarten which I enroll my daughter in this year.

The principal has recently posted in parents-teacher Whatsapp group that the franchise has been awarded SME Brand Excellence Award in Best Global Franchise Model 2016 by SME Malaysia.

Well,the excellence award obviously meant for business specifically the people who want to make money from early learning institutions...the information does not really relay the significance for parents whose main concern is their children's well-being at the school. 

Back to my parenting point of view, the reason I chose the school is I believe with certain standards to comply, I hope that my daughter will be taken good care of while I go to work. In short, no abuse.

Image grabbed from Qdees website


I paid over thousand include the monthly RM450 during registration in Dec 2016. The payment also include two (ugly) grey color uniform (with not-so-good)cloth quality, a set of gym wear (received by end of March) and some books and stationary sets.  

Full daycare include meals during lunch and tea time. 


The daily schedule for my 4-year-old daughter is as in the attached image. One subject about half an hour. 

Qdees in its advertisement/ marketing has been claiming themselves as the best preschool....a good tagline for parents who want their children to be excelled in academic, but worry me if the curriculum will put my daughter in stress.

I got shocked when the teacher first told me my daughter has homework...I was like, OMG, she is only 4, what with the homework?. The first homework was only coloring. As the time passes by, her homework is getting more. 




It used to be just few boxes to fill in with alphabeth/number, but number of boxes grow more. But I never force daughter to finish it in one shot. If she doesn't feel like doing it, I will just leave them blank.Yup, as you can see in the image, I let her use different colors instead of pencil. 

Any progress? A LOT. My daughter recognises alphabets and even voluntarily spell any letters she sees on the street, billboard, anywhere. Sometimes, her progress almost reduce me to tears cos the way she behaves make me feel like she has grown up sooner than I expect her to be. 

Another kindergarten teacher told me what daughter learns from the school is considered very advance. Thus, I might need to find a better/advance primary school for daughter or else she will be bored with the things she has learnt from Qdees kindergarten. 

Not only that, she learns to speak English and practice decorum. At home, main languages are Mandarin and Malay.

Previously I have to feed her during meals but she gives me another surprise when she insists on having her own meals by herself. 

Daughter seem to be well rested when I pick her up from school. Judging from the hair, the type of just-wake-up face and hair, I know she does nap at school. 



Comments

  1. I had a worst experience with Q-dees. They can't handle my son (3 years). They are telling that they don't have enough teachers to handle. I was like Why I paid to this stupid school. Just teacher doing art and students seeing it. this is their routine. Worst SCHOOL. Please don't join your children by seeing advertisement of this school.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are lucky your little one was not abused at this particular school - Maryland Qdees. We were not as lucky as my daughter came home constantly crying and throwing tantrum. The teacher/staff was unhappy about me pointing out the fact that they showered the kids in an uncovered shower outdoors (this happened in the beginning of 2017) so one of the teachers yelled at my daughter telling her she is unwelcomed and confiscated her chair. She thought my daughter wouldn't relay this incident to me but she came home crying telling me she was left standing for god knows how long. Basically taking out anger on her, while failing to tell me she was bullied at school by other classmate too. Very irresponsible. As for 'award winning' Qdees the franchisor, failed to check school facility thoroughly before signing them on. So yes, overpromising underdelivering.

    ReplyDelete
  3. last time i send my little girl to this taska maryland, she came home used ribbons to tie her dolls. i ask her where she learn to do that. she tell me got one teacher taped some naughty kids hand together. my girl said teacher used celotape. i asked if they are just playing she say no. the kid is scared. i switched school soon after. now i know why they dont allow parents to visit during school hours. if u visit the receptionist fast fast yell teachers name before u can go upstairs to the classroom. very scary.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.