My Halloween, All Saints Day and All Souls Day 2015.

I really wanted to celebrate Halloween after I have my daughter. Thought the celebration would leave good impression in her childhood.

Yes, It is not traditionally celebrated in Malaysia. But the play of Trick and Treat with adorable costume is seem to be fun.

This year as Halloween fell on Saturday, we only attended the sunset mass as both of us were under the weather. There was intention to participate in the Halloween Fun Run held at Likas Sports Complex at 8pm. But, it seemed like going to rain after we finished the mass for All Saints Day.

Later at night, mom whatsapped me an image on how to celebrate Halloween as a Catholic. You may say that I am an ignorant Catholic for not knowing how to observe the Eve of All Saints Day accordingly. But, it is a good guideline on how should I raise a child as Catholic and at the same time to enjoy the fun of celebrating Halloween.



On the All Saints’ day, I was assigned to visit cemetery where people commemorated All Souls Day in advance.

That is my first time visiting graveyard and participated in community prayer for the departed souls. It was a solemn and meaningful moment. To revisit loved ones who used to share moments with us.

Both of my grandparents had died. But I bear no feelings toward them even on the days of their funeral services. But, as I have grown up and become a mother now. Suddenly, the All Souls’ Day become significant to me that now I do try my best to appreciate each and every persons in my lives.   

I wish to bring my kid to be near to departed relatives and observe the Remembrance Day. I wish I could teach her the importance of this day so she too could offer prayers to others.

I also learned that fresh flowers are able to attract the souls to hear the prayer and words said to them. Both prayers and good eulogy are important for them especially those in purgatory.

At these obligatory days, fresh flowers have also become limited as people have ordered them one month in advance. The price of those flowers is also gone up a bit as compared to normal days.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.