Oppss...."single mother" soon to lose a job? How to cope?

A circular has been issued to notify staff that possible retrenchment would be done due to the company's poor financial situation. 



Working in that "dying" nature of business, it is inevitable to lose the job. It is sooner or later. The list would be out by end of December. It means that Christmas would not be the same celebration as years before as I need to be emotionally ready, in case my name would be in the list. 

Before this, I was hoping to have a change of career that I could have fixed working hours to look after my kid on weekends and public holiday, or spend some time to experience the "full time housewife" work doing some good cooking, sewing and gardening. 

In fact, all this while, I do hope to open a daycare or tuition center as I know there is demand of this services.  

But strange...that I am quite afraid to lose my job, which somehow defines who I am. Worse, to lose the freedom to earn and spend own money. To make it clearer, throughout my 10 years relationship with husband, there was never a "wife's allowance". 


It still feels suck the next morning. Overcome the overwhelming feeling by doing house chore. Clean and wipe every inch of the kitchen; scrubbed and mopped the floor, as well as doing laundry. Somehow, it was quite therapeutic. If only I marry a generous and super rich husband, I don't mind to be stay-at-home mom. 

Furthermore, I have no loans or mortgage to settle. 

During lunch time, I drove daughter and I to nearby weekend festival. It is a routine for two of us to go such events. But, no joke. Everything is costly at such festival. Every cake is sold at at least RM5 (some of them are not even delicious, but the kid wants it). 

It is something that I need to adjust, which is not to go such event, or, we attend without buying anything (that sound so impossible). 

When it comes to that, there are also a lot of other adjustment that I have to make, including cancelling my music class, no more diving etc, dine at home, stop going to restaurants that serve unjustified price of food and drinks. 

Again, I have been planning to cut on all the nonsense expenditure. It looks like that "lust" on spending can only be curbed with losing job. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.