People that I have given up/get rid of for my better future

For some reasons, before stepping into the year of 2024, I have subconsciously kept a distance from certain friends and acquaintances. 

It was not an easy decision given that both of us have known each other for almost a decade, but despite that, some toxic traits are seemed to be there. When we chatted about it, a friend said it was absurd that despite many of us know Person A has been like that, but we still put up with him and willingly be taken advantage as if it is not a big deal. 

It was a lightbulb moment, thinking how stupid I was being chained to the so-called blind "loyalty". 

Here is the list of "not friends" anymore.

Person A- Cheapskate




The only son of a rich family who owns multiple properties, would buy branded sports stuff and pay for his sports tournament entry fee. 

Known him for more than 10 years as someone despite to be a plain person, but is stingy, talk so loudly, and always hoping that other people would pay for his meal. 

There was a time last year, when we were supposed to have our potluck-gathering at another friend's house. When I offered to buy fast food, he publicly in WhatsApp group said that he would like to chip in. Thus, he kept on asking me to buy this and that. In the end.... he never pays the portion that he was supposed to. 

It was too much. What on earth a man like him stil behave like when he almost reaches 50s? 

So, there is no more gathering until today. Well, as I was always the one initiating the gathering, so if I don't say anything, then the gathering would never happen. 

Person B- fair weather friend





A typical loser who doesn’t want others to be out of ordinary. Initially when I befriended him, I had some admiration as he used to work as a banker, so thought that he would be someone wiser. But it turned out that he is just one of the narcissists who looks up to people with branded stuff instead of personality. 


Despite that he did not really forsake whoever not having the latest/new car, or not wearing branded shirts or apparels, but it feels super annoying to have him keep on harping to urge us to change our stuff, but without offering to pay for them!


I think I will always be there for him whenever he needs someone when he is upset or feeling lonely. But apparently it was only one-sided because when there are other good things, he would look for other people. When I asked for an opportunity from his connection, he gave endless excuses not being able to give me. 


Since my sincerity is not reciprocated, it means that I am wasting my precious time and effort for him. 


Yes, he has been ousted from my life since Nov 3, 2023. Since then, no keeping in touch or whatsoever. So far, so good. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.