Pre-nuptial interview with priest.

I was googling up and down to search for clues on what the priest from my parishioner would ask me during the interview.  I could not find more. And I was wondering whether he would ask on how many times I prayed or read bible for a day, or might question my bible knowledge..

However, it turned out that those priests have standard questions of Yes/No during the one-to-one(bride-to-be or groom-to-be) interview.

Firstly, the priest would request one to swear on a bible to swear that everything you said were truth.

Questions are whether you are willingly get married (without being forced) and will commit whole-heartedly to the christianity marriage lives?

He will also question on whether you have married with anyone at any means(church, culturally, at Registration department) before the current one?

Then, the priest will also ask opinion on the pre-marriage course, and whether you are willingly follow and obey what had been delivered?

As Christianity has always emphasised the child-bearing, he will also ask whether there's obstacles/hindrances on giving birth and raise the children according to the church's teaching?

******
Later, priest will give advices on rehearsal date,actual wedding date and  what to bring to church/ what to do/ what to wear/  and etc...

For couples who had registered their marriage, they are not advised to stay under one roof until the church wedding ceremony.

Comments

  1. nice info, can you tell me who should i contact in sacred heart for this pre-marriage? i am getting married this year.but my partner is an anglican. thanks

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.