How's it like to become a parent.

It is indescribable joy when I had the bundle of joy in my arm immediately after 10 hours of labor pain. I couldn't believe that I actually made that tiny human being.

The next 24-hour, I felt energetic to breastfeed the sleepy girl. The surge of energy continued for the first two weeks. I wanted to protect her from others which potentially posed hazards to her- to introduce bottle feeding and pacifier while combating the possibility of neonatal jaundice getting worse. The feeling of wanting to secure her had actually led to a thought to resign work so that I could give her the best care. But, I didn't do so...



On the second month, whereby I was almost all by myself taking care of the infant as well as the house chores, I started to feel bored and insecure. I was looking at the main door and thinking when would I be able to step out from the house as freely as I was before. It will be dangerous and troublesome to bring infant who needs to be breastfed on demand outside on my own. 

It wasn't easy to stay trapped in the house when my personality is considered as an outgoing person. Luckily, I was still able to stay connected with the world with the availability of smartphones and computers.

But the bright side is I was able to read a lot of books and watch documentaries on History channel while nursing and putting her to sleep.

Despites all the restrictions I felt during that alone period with the infant, there is still great joy when I see her sleeping soundly and wake up with additional weight gain the next morning .

As of now, I am trying to survive everyday with prayer to be more patience and passionate in meeting baby's demands. Looking forward to see her reach 6-month, where the exclusive breastfeeding journey shall ended.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.