breastfeeding at 1-year-old baby

Baby is turning one in few more days, but she still prefers having milk directly from my boobs.

I am okay with the situation as direct breastfeeding saves time as I don't have to sterilise bottle and prepare the milk in the midst of travelling or at night time. It is just that baby is getting taller/longer that breastfeeding would preferably take place at spacious area.

On which brand breastpump that I used to express milk at workplace? I bought Medela, an electrical single pump worth about RM100.  But found out that machine could not yield as much milk despite I'd spent about half hour in washroom, perhaps its my technique or small boobs size also that there was still incident of engorgement after pumping.  Other thing that bother me was the availability to sterilise the equipment.

It was by accident that I chose to hand-express milk until today, I left pump several time as I rushed to work. And as I had no choice that time, I just use hands to do the job. Surprisingly, it works well in yielding and avoiding engorgement.

On the hygiene, I scrub hands with antiseptic handwash detergent which is the Dettol.

Till now, baby still benefitted from the breastmilk- growing well, happy and active.

Of course, she's being supplemented with formula milk- initially bought Anmum, Enfalac which are so called as the best brands for its imported expensive items in store.

But, recently, due to teething or some other unknown reasons...Bree dislikes to take milk from bottle and often wasting them. Thus, we change to Dumex which is 90 per cent cheaper than the former. Both brands indicate the same nutrition content except the origin of packaging.

Perhaps when Baby favors them in future than only we will go for the branded milk.


Below is the link on how to express milk.





 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.