CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

The Cica care, do not really know how to pronounce it, cost me about RM113.50 for the size of 3cm x 12cm.

That size can actually be cut into half, to fully cover my raised 12-year-old reddish keloid car. Pardon me for the ugly creature...which most of the time will scare children away, and make adults have second look of the gigantic 'paramesium'.

The silicon and sticky strip can actually last about 2-4 weeks, so mathematically for 2 months, I only spend RM100++ for my treatment, which is a lot cheaper than doing laser/removal surgery.


This is how it adheres to my skin, I really don't have to worry it will fall out as I do my work, or even during exercise...(except swimming).

Occasionally, I will have strong urge to scratch my itchy patched keloid during sleeping time, because of what the Cica care is doing-depressing the scar.



After about two weeks usage, the edge (the sides where I use to remove) becomes like above, is an indicator that it will need to be changed, sooner.

After two months result: (which I stuck  it to my keloid for almost 20 hours per day).

It is still there, same size as before. But the surface is smoother and pinkish red. And at this point, I bought the second box of CICA-care.

Just thought of sharing this. I left my Cica care at Kuala Lumpur when I had my two-week holiday in hometown. The sudden stinging pain is quite intensed to the extent I need to soothe it by rubbing it. (I read somewhere that the action will exacerbate or "expand" the keloid.

My big day will be on September. I think it will take years to completely lose it, so perhaps using some cream could accelerate the diminishing effect.

On the second package of cica care that I bought, the adhesive quality is not as good as before. At the end of the first week, it started to be non-sticky. So, I have to use surgical tape on the surrounding silicon...



**************************************************
As I went back to my hometown, my parents were commenting on the growing size of the keloid. I felt so annoyed, as I thought it was supposed to look better in the eyes of others.. But, it is not. Fine...

Since my stay in hometown has always shorter than two weeks, I usually left my Cica-care back on my temporary home.

A friend told me that Vitamin E has actually had progressive positive effect on his surgical scar. So, I dropped by pharmacy and bought this,
RM17.80/5gramme(peninsular) and RM15.90/5 gramme(Sabah).
 The small tube lasts about two weeks, as I only applied it once a day.
 I like the pleasant smell of the gel.
It works in softening the scar, less tender and reduced the redness color...

A writer has written on the preview of this product as well. HIRUSCAR and Hiruscar.harian metro

I just bought the second tube and hoping there will be success rate of 90per cent and above.


Comments

  1. Hi there
    I too have keloid scar. I also use cica care. I tape it up and leave it on 24/7. I only wash it with alcohol daily. I find it would last longer that way. I also been doing steroid injections. It makes the keloid flatten faster. Check out my blog here

    http://keloiddiary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there. I have almost the exact same keloid, wider and longer though. I was just wondering if the cica care gel made a difference in the long run... how has it been? Would appreciate some feedback ... thank you

    ReplyDelete
  3. The keloids symptoms might include: a localized part that is flesh-colored, red or pink in color. A lumpy or ridged zone of skin that's frequently high. A part that remains to grow bigger with scar tissue over time.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.