One-day trip in Malacca historical site. Alone

I took intercity bus from Bandar Tasik Selatan bus hub in Kuala Lumpur to Malacca at the cost of RM9 per person. It takes about two hours to reach at the Malacca sentral.

Surprisingly, when I bought the ticket back to Kuala Lumpur at the Malacca sentral, the Transnasional charged me RM12.50.

I heard about the awesome Jonker street which offers most non-halal Malacca specialty many times, so I targetted the place as the first to visit.  I've read from somewhere in cyberspace that I could get a bus at Malacca sentral heading to the place, but when I go to the platform(Mahkota Parade), the bus was cramped. Ended up taking domestic taxi who charged me another RM20 per 13 minutes of drive.

I have to say that Malacca is another "country" as it has its own identity as mentioned-the nyonya laksa, asam laksa, chicken rice ball, their handicrafts and etc.

**I ordered this Halal Chicken Rice Ball at Malacca Sentral. It was cold. The roasted chicken has thick layer of fat and skin that I thought I was eating Peking duck. For the rice ball, it tastes like hardened porridge, the texture is fine and soft.


Nyonyak Laksa is rich in coconut milk. For health purpose, I only sipped the gravvy that was soaked in the dried taufu.

I noticed that the daughters of the family-owned shops are as creamy as the delicacy as well. It was nice to see Malacca bond the family through business. Awesome. 

Next menu was the Creamy cincau. After few sips of it, I totally surrendered. I had to stop it before I become paranoid in getting blocked artery, or at least got sore throat on my next working-day.

I found out that almost eateries that I stopped by did not provide tissue on their tables. Other customers and I had to go basin and wash hand. Perhaps the people there are serving "green" tourism.

The jonker street is famed with its fresh pineapple tart, cendol, etc...but I found out few other unique items-

Found this freaky condiment made of sotong and chili(which reminds me of Thailand kind of spell etc..) at Nyonya Story Enterprise (Michael Ong 012-6812547). The owner didn't know what's the exact name though...
Of all the touristics items,  I spotted a COFFIN shop next to a temple along Jalan Jonker street. Isn't it a bit not auspicious?

Malacca was really hot that my sandals became warm and had to find shade to cool myself.

As I was touring against time, I decided to take trishaw. The Portuguese lady named Vel charged me RM25 for touring at six places. It was really fun as she would put songs on loud speaker. Since I was alone, she took my pictures and..I could upload them at instragram instantly.

As I was travelling with Vel, I saw a Chinese and Indian aunties were scolded by a trishawer for taking so much time at one place..."Auntie, it is more than five minutes, you should'nt stop by longer than that," said the trishawer. Rest assure, both aunties were okay with her.

I assure you that they decorated the trishaw as colorful as possible, It made me "look" like a flower among flowers, Of course, multiracial locals are doing the trishaw business. One could identify the owner's race by the decoration pattern. And most of them are youngsters...I could have thought that the youth there mght prefer to find other jobs in the city.


I got above Malacca Map from the Tourist information centre at Taming Sari building. It was'nt updated. Malacca doesn't have the Eye On Malacca anymore.

There are also limited Automated Teller Machine(ATM) near the places of Interest which currently available at Taming Sari (CIMB), Mahkota Parade(all banks) and Dataran Pahlawan Melaka Megamall(OCBC).

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.