Asian Parenting

Not to be sound derogatry but new parents who rather follow what their ancestors do rather than doing read up are often repeat the same tradition in parenting next generation.

There might be no harm on it as our parents had successfully brought us up. But like how technology and science have done in life improvement. It is worth to consider a change or modification based on western style in caring the children.

Asian: TO EAT WHILE ITS HOT, MUST BE SPOONFEED and ALLOWED TO WALK AROUND DURING MEAL

My verdict: Warm food is ok, but hot food will injure my toddler's mouth and throat and the tendency to develop cancer is there (touch wood). And focusing on the essence of having to swallow food in short time, to ensure the food is hot...will risk her to get choked. 

As toddler is reaching 18 months, she could actually hold spoon and sometimes with fork. To encourage her feed herself as early as possible is good as she will be independent and enjoy her meal when dine out.

Running around while having meal is even unacceptable--first, it will disrupt the digestion process, secondly manners!!

Asian: Toddler will eventually sleep on her own after long hours of cry. There's no necessity to establish sleep routine for her.

My verdict: She is my precious daughter, having her cry that long instead of putting an effort to encourage her to sleep is considered as " Lazy" method. Luckily, for months of establishing routine for toddler has enable her to sleep 14 hours per day at fixed time.

Asian: One child can be loved, more than that the elder siblings have to be beaten (In case of being naughty).

My verdict: No plan of having more than one child. If I were to have more than that, it wouldn't be right to punish the elder child who is equally require attention and love from parents. As an elder sister to many siblings, it always annoyed me to be my mom's servant and as most neglected human beings. I won't allow the same scenario to happen to my daughter.

Asian: Walk out like a thief whenever I leave to work. 

My Verdict: such measure will only intensify morning drama as toddler will be afraid that mom suddenly missing. I prefer to inform her about my leaving and of course return..and with a sweet kiss and hug. 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.