Intimacy for new parents

When we have our daughter about a year plus ago, husband and I did have problem in sparing time for intimacy.

It was either the infant couldn't fall sleep or it was I who got very tired and desperate for sleep that halted the process.

Husband and I did ponder on how other couples had the chance to have those moment? As some have another child soon after the first was born.

We did agree that the topic is quite taboo to discuss with friends..even with husband's friend who was sexually active before he got married and has children.

"The question will imply something is wrong about my sex life," husband said.

Yes, the frequency has significantly reduced during the first year of parenthood. So does my libido..

Most often I felt like getting punished for being naughty...as when baby wakes up I have to stay awake afterward. I will naturally developed the thought "I could have catch that few hours sleep if only I hadn't stay awake for sex".

But it doesn't matter what my excuses, the husband still needs to be served. My key to make it happens is to just do it no matter how tired it will be later. 

Of course I try to make it fun by doing it when toddler is fast asleep. And yup sadly we have to make it fast...but glad both of us still like it.

In this matter, an understanding husband is really important or the relationship might be ruined due to lack of sex? 

I think I'm lucky that husband agrees to wait for hot and passionate sex when our daughter becomes independent... which also mean when I am older..hopefully not too old.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.