Weaning breastfeeding at 2-year-old

The Journey
I have completely weaned my toddler from breastfeeding about few months ago when she turns two. To be honest, I really miss those moment which we were so close and the bond was strong.

Despite having sweet moment, the 24-month of breastfeeding journey was not easy for small bust like me. 

My daughter's grandparents have been skeptical about the amount of milk I could produce for my baby since day 1. Their Chinese culture perceives breastfeeding as an odd jobs in ancient time and they even believe children who are fed with breast milk are more clingyto their mothers and hard to be taken care of.

Another factor is the pain inflicted while breastfeeding the kid. When she was younger, her needs to suckle the nipples for long period at one time caused back pain. It could be the posture or lack of good support. 



When she grows older, the girl liked to move around and I had difficult time to accommodate her.

But, luckily my determination helped me pulled it through. I have been believing reports and recommendation from World Health Organisation on two years of breastfeeding practice for children well-being. Till now, I have yet to find the exact reason why the recommended period is ideal.

I assume it is because the child sort of completed their early years of immunization at about that age.

The weaning.
I didn't struggle much in weaning the baby from breastmilk as the process took place for about two months. 

Her usual breastfeeding session was usually before night bedtime. I encouraged her to drink milk from bottle while giving the same assurance/position. Told her "Mommy will always stay by your side eventhough there's no longer breast milk for you".



There were of course several times the kid lifted up my cloth and attempting to suck on the breast. I did give in occasionally especially when she was sick or cried badly. 

During the weaning, my sister just gave birth to an infant. I used the excuse of "mommy's breast" was for her cousin. "If you take mommy's milk, little baby will cry cause she has none".

Those tricks actually work!!!

Hope this post helps other parents/caregivers in weaning their children. Good luck!!!





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.