Toddler going to school at the age of 34mo.

It might be one of the scariest moment for any parents to let her children go to school on the first day. 

Mothers, especially, may have trouble to sleep in the night before thinking whether their babies can cope well at schools without their mommies.

Every moment passes, I will be thinking whether my daughter's friends will accept her, bully her and etc. Will teachers treat her as nice as how I do? Will my daughter have enough food to eat, able to sleep well at a daycare and etc? What about her toilet training, she has succeeded the training but will she rely on nappy?

My daughter goes to school at the age of 34-month-old. While we prefer a one-to-one care by a stay in babysitter, but her sitter brought her personal life into the job. It made us look for preschool two months earlier than our daughter should have gone.

Two weeks prior to her enrolment, we had repetitively told her about she was going to attend school. Explained to her what to expect- friends, toys, teachers, and lots of playing.
She accepts it quite well.

On the first day,
our daughter was about to cry when I left her on the first floor of the premises. Watched her over through CCTV downstair, she didn't cry!! climbed on the furniture then sat at the corner observing what others did.

But she appeared to be hungry and tired when I fetched her.

She slept at 8pm and woke up next day at 7am

Second day, 
she still eager to go to school.

What broke my heart was she just moved forward with her teacher and did not say good bye to her mommy.

I am just praying hard she won't get sick during the period as I really have no backup. It is not easy to take a break from work..with a bitch in office.

She didnt say much about school today. But, before she slept, she did say do not want to go to school next day.

I did persuade her she has to go to school as no one is going to take care of her at home. Even showed her the preschool's facebook page which has activities held at school. She looked convinced and was willing to sleep.


Third day
She woke up with the same complaint not to go to school, and I said the same thing on she only had a nursery as a choice cos I have to work to earn for livings.

Toddler held her tears along the journey from home to school. But cried out loud when I handed her to school teachers.

The teacher convinced me that my child needed some time to get adjust with new environment and teacher. They even snapped pictures of her to send it to me after she stopped crying.

I am quite worried what actually has triggered her reluctance in going to school. It could be she had used to one-to-one child care that she thinks teachers have not paid attention to her needs.

She was in disposable diapers for the first three days when I picked her up. Also, she did not wet her panties which she wore in the morning. It could be that she was holding her pees and poos for hours before teachers bathe her. It worries me a bit on the holding urgencies, afraid she will contract urinary tract infection and of course emotional stress.

I have informed/ reminded the teacher on assist her to go toilet as frequent as possible. We have hardly trained her to be potty/toilet users, it will be wasted if teachers encourage my child to get on diapers to make her work easier.

My toddler looked tired at the end of the school, but I am sure she had her afternoon nap and meal.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.