What to expect from a 5-year-old child (Asian version)

Time really flies, no kidding.

Few more weeks, my one and only child will turn 5. Like all parents, I would say that it is unbelievable how fast they grow from an infant who is fully dependent on their caregivers to today's a preschooler who is slowly learning to be independent.

Unlike as frequent as before, what to expect.com used to remind me of my child's expected milestone and development.

I think I get less email from them, perhaps every fortnight or month?

Image from everydayfamily.com

Maybe because of that I often get surprised from things that she is capable of doing by herself.

Motor skill
Coloring, drawing, writing, cutting paper, tying her own hair and other skills that are required at school. 

This can be developed through playing toys specifically clay, arranging blocks, and dolls.

Something to improve is her stamina, the girl hardly walk or swim for more than an hour.  She will start whining and the cranky personality will make mommy's world upside down.

Social skill

Not sure how to measure her vocabulary bank, but she knows how to express about her dream, what happened at school, feelings, needs and discuss about "issues".

My family consider daughter as a chatty and articulate girl with lots of questions and reasoning. Husband and I are the type of person who discuss and debate almost everything. It is therefore make sense that the girl might pick up the habit from us.

Besides that, her time with Youtube channel on toys also influence the accent and enrich vocabularies.

School (Qdees Penampang) plays a great role in motivating daughter to learn Chinese. It is really helpful as our daughter tends to speak in English and reluctant to use her mother tongue.

Other skills

She knows how to get ready for school, bed, and meal times with some assistance.

To be more specific, this girl wakes up in the morning and wash her face and teeth, change into uniform and drinks her prepared milk on the table, and pack her school backpack.

During meal times, this girl will automatic wash her hands with soap and call other to have food with her.

I am glad she has already pick up the habit of washing hands after toilet, and must always make sure the hands are clean before having anything.

Emotion?

Expect lot of love-hate relationship with this preschooler.

There are so many touching moments when daughter is concern about me for eg she will make sure I eat something before I go to work on weekend, tell me not to workout so much or eat some unhealthy food for fearing that I will not feel comfortable or get sick.

Meltdown? Yeah...still there. Occasionally, she could also become a drama queen for small things such as I mistakenly guess her drawings.

 She is still a picky eater.  There are times I have to ensure that are no snacks in between meal time so that the girl will have to eat whatever is being served.

Her favorite food is fish porridge, salmon fried rice and chicken soup. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.