Looking back the year of 2020.


Few more days until a new year, it feels like there is not much happening for the past few months except I am taking extra precautions not to be infected with Covid-19 by limiting meetup with friends and even extended families. 

It is devastating, but thinking about the possibility of getting sick from the virus and no one to look after 7-year-old daughter, I become very much paranoid of the virus and the most I could do is to pray that the pandemic will be gone for good. 

Daughter, who is in Primary 1, somehow attended only about six months of less of schooling session due to this pandemic as well. Homeschooling it is as I am also working from home. 

Though it means more works and stress for me as I have to split my time into keeping the house clean, prepare meals, teach and spend time the kids while doing works, I should spare some gratitude as it is what I have wanted to be before the order for everyone to stay home. I had been feeling I spent so little time with kid with her busy with school, and me with my own life. 

I shall list down what I have accomplisged  for this year, so, it will help me to appreciate this year without thinking much of the negativity. 

reading books

As stay-at-home means I could stay late and wake up late, reading book has been on my daily to-do-list. 

I will be finishing the 20th book by end of this year. Although reading is not the most liked activities, but, I guess it makes me smarter a bit than other people. I do wish I can be as smart as Bill Gates who is also reading a lot, even now, to make him smarter than he already is. 

female drummer

It is the third year I take up drumming lesson but my grade or progress has taken a backseat due to Covid-19 situation. 

Though I still like music, I still get stress from the tutor who expects me to do a lot of practice to improve my skill albeit I am already overwhelmed with daily commitment and works. 

Husband is also giving unnecessary pressure on the fee that I pay for the class monthly although I am using my own money.

It is all because husband is into the journey of "financial freedom" goal, so, he expects me to follow suit by restricting myself from spending money (although it brings happiness to my already depressing Covid-19 life). He is complaining that me wasting my money and time on drumming would not give me satisfying returns of investment. 

It is super irritating to have a husband who doesn't share or give "wifey" allowance to nag or lecture about how I should spend my own hard earned money...plus that man also did not help much at home looking after the kid nor doing house chores. The house is merely a place for him to hit the sack after work. 

Somehow, it makes me ponder should I give up on drumming and learn according to my own pace and etc? It is annoying to play music but at the same time have to make others happy about my progress.  

running eases the anxiety



 





















Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.