I was the slimmest when I breastfed



About ten years ago, at the age of 25 to 27, I was at my slimmest and lightest weight as an adult.

With my height at 157-cm tall, I usually weighed at 47 kilogramme before I got married and pregnant.

However, it dropped further when I started breastfeeding for two years. The weigh scale went down to 43 kilogrammes, which was categorised as underweight.

Not only that, it also reflected in my body feature especially my face where my cheekbones became more prominent.

I constantly felt hungry during those two years. I took a lot of carbs. My cravings were crazier than when I was pregnant. But, still it didn't help. 



Is it something to be concerned about? 

Having a mother-in-law who is not supportive or not understanding the benefits of breast milk, my dropped weight did concern her a lot. 

As a woman with smaller breasts, she had been sceptical whether I could provide enough milk for the baby.  

Losing significant of weight made she even wondered whether the baby "sucked out" all my energy although I was not exclusively breastfed her. 

Causes of significant weight loss? 

Unlike other better moms who even expressed their milks as extra for their kids, mine was just direct latching whenever I was at home with the kid.

On average, that would be early morning and at night.

Other than that, the changes that might contribute to weight loss were less quality of sleep at night. Those times, I had a babysitter cum maid to help out with chores. 

I am still unsure whether my pre-motherhood routine of running 5km everyday also contributed to dropping weight further. 

Probably carrying a growing baby for hours everyday also burned more calories? 


It is a history but glad to be slim like a model. 

The glory of having a model-like body feature did not last long. I am now gaining 10kg extra, fluctuating between 53kg to 55kg. 

Though it is at normal range of Body Mass Index, but without serious control of calories intakes and output, I could potentially enter the overweight range. 

But there is a saying that one should love herself regardless how her body looks like. Yeah, as long as she is healthy and the weight won't cause any illnesses. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.