Facebook jailed my account and deleted it for good.

 


After making several posts about gardening and farming, suddenly the app notified that Facebook was reviewing the content as it detected, or someone reported that I had violated the community standards. 

Initially, it stated that it would only be less than 24 hours but few hours later, Facebook notified that they would shut down and wipe it out for good. There was no specific explanation on which way had I violated the guideline, there was no warning, no mercy, no appeal opportunity given. No trial given. Just when I thought that this US-based company would be as democratic as the country on freedom of speech and etc, Facebook management acts like communist. 

I am still wondering how they make the judgment on just shutting down people's accounts like mine, when there are many more offenders using Facebook doing even worse on spreading hate, cyberbullying, scamming people. It still puzzled me in what way gardening is deemed as harming the community. 

Seeing how they took down the entire account, which I had built for more than 10 years, is devastating. My journey from a student to a working adult, from a teen to a mother now, the collection of books I read as my future records. It felt like losing a home razed by fire. 

DETOXIFYING FROM FACEBOOK


NETFLIX's social media documentary sent strong signal that Facebook is generally bad for human beings. Despite I have watched it and very well understood the message, I still could not make the move to quit Facebook for good. Probably, what Facebook did to me is a blessing in disguise. 

I still set up a new Facebook account but only follow official pages. I do find peace by not following many people which could cause me mental diarrhea by just keeping tabs on what they are doing. 

Since I am never an influencer, nor that people would care about my life, it is much better to pour out all my experience and thought here at the blogosphere. Hopefully, no hater or jealous person will report this space too. 

Journaling is actually a better mindful therapy than scrolling social media without purpose. 




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.