My familiarisation trip with future family in law

A trip to Melbourne

The whole week together with the future in law, living under same roof, sleeping with the mother-in-law was initially awful and thought I was too young to handle a role as someone's wife or in-law family. The 'ambush' of having to accept someone's else big family was totally indigestible. There were so many differences that I was counting down the days at every seconds.

I grew up going back to my late grandpa's house which is at the hilly part of hometown. I get used with the cold weather. I don't feel cold but enjoy the breeze in the country that we visited.  But the whole family kept on convincing me that it was cold, and the clothes that I wore would not be enough, and I should had wear thicker. I hated that. I am a lass who get on tampered when people nag me for more than thrice. But, I endured it and enjoyed the coldness.

Having Chinese cuisine in western country can be disastrous, the quality of the rice was so bad that I got stomachache. I wished that we could have some local delicacies as they surely would ensure the deliciousness. But I cannot, the family who emphasises so much on unity stressed to have a usual round-table lunch and dinner. Plus, their palate couldn't take the western dishes, as well as the country's Language.

In addition to that, they do not mix with the locals. It was hard for me, as I love to know the country through the locals' perspective.

I was grumbling until the last day trip, the whole family was sort of begging me to quit or ask for transfer to be with the to-be husband. The big sister even bribed me with dresses and candy. The job that I have now, (which is not possible for anyone to get it), is something I love and addicted to do. I feel honor and proud of what I am now. And that, is still under consideration. Am juggling whether his love could withstand another year for me to fulfill the contract term.

That night, before departed to airport. We had a traditional steamboat dinner, where it was prepared by the big brother and his wife. It was so nice, especially the local lamb and beef. The big brother where we rarely spoke before in Malaysia handed me with big bowl of my favorite dish (well, he only did that for me, and not to others). I was touched on that.

Just a case of that, it made me come into senses that this 'foreign' family is actually care about me, as their new little sister, (yeah, I am the youngest in that family). How could I only knew it at the last minute?

I guess I just have to appreciate every little thing whether I like it or not. Because it's God's plan, and He knows the best!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.