A five-hour trip to Ipoh town.

Ipoh, a small town in Perak, is just a two-hour trip from Kuala Lumpur.

I took the ERL at KL Sentral on Platinum price of RM55/pax. It departs at 8am. I could say that journey using the service is satisfactory as it is not crowded, air-conditioned, spacious, clean and there are breakfast served.

The railway station. I mean, seriously!!!
The railway station is one of the impressive historical buildings built during British colonial era. Although it is a historical structure, but it is well-maintained.

The Chinese shop near the railway station.


Despite the old chinese shops around here, but I had to walk about 25 minutes to reach the vicinity of dim sum restaurants.


Scrumptious dim sum. Especially the crab meat+scallop dim sum which is exclusively available in Ipoh only.
The yam (purple color) is special as it is sweetened and there are raisins in it. Suitable for sweettooth people.
I admit that the waitress are really nice as she treated me like her family instead of customer (Perhaps is also because I came alone). She ensured that I enjoyed my food.

The restaurant owner had also helped me to call taxi to send me to Old town to sip on their authentic coffee which I googled stating the beans are roasted with margarine, producing irresistable aroma.

The taxi driver, and most locals here speak Cantonese. But I am fluent in Mandarin, therefore he conversed in English.

The uncle told me that old town and new town areas are divided by the Kinta river. Old town will usually close their shops at 6am. While the new town will open until at about 10pm.

A landmark on the Kinta river that borderig the new and old town.
As for the taxi, there are no metered- taxi. There's fixed price of Location A to B.

Uncle gave me the radio taxi number 05-2534188. The service is from 7.30am until 11.45pm.
Finally, RM1.40 per cup. To me, it is a double-strength beverage.
I had at this coffeeshop with 120-year history.
In fact, tourists can buy various packed white coffee at around old town.
 
 
En route to railway station, I dropped by few locations:
St.Michael's institution.
 

 
The field.
 
Ipoh's Tourist information centre.
I thought I would get good info from this place. But, as soon as I stepped in, the officer/receptionist was just ignoring me. They just pointed the brochures at the side when I asked for information on where to go or eat.
 
As I browsed through the leaflets, they are plain dull. I wish that they could insert HOW TO GO to dimsum and coffee shops....
 
They don't even know taxi rate or where to contact them.
 
 


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.