Back to KK for a week.


 It was only a year that I stayed in Kuala Lumpur, but once I am here in hometown, I could feel the major changes that I am still taking time to adapt them.

Previously in Sabah, my colleagues used to make fun of me for driving like an aunty who just got her driving license- driving at the speed below 60km/h and is scared to enter the lane with lots of moving cars.

But now, I feel like I am driving Ferrari as other cars seem to be static, literally. Eventhough I am at the speed of 65Km/h. I find it is really annoying that people putting on their signal light but is dumb enough to get into the lane. I slowed down for them yet they were not moving. Now, I get it why cars here are going like ghost riders- There’s no point of giving in.

To my surprise, the summonses enforcement is stricter than before. Yes!!! Traffic police is quite efficient in giving reckless drivers (including me) tickets for illegal parking. I had my first ever ticket priced at RM150. It burns a hole in my pocket.

My senior in KL used to remark KK is a cowboy town that we can park anywhere like nobody’s business. And I actually believed him.

Another reason why I dared to park at illegal site was also a friend’s influence in KL. He told me as long as there were other cars parking at illegal site, following them would not get us into trouble.

After a year, the development in KK is rapid and some has changed.  New buildings have erected; some administrative complexes shifted to other locations; new roads en-route us to other location.

In other words, I have to re-learn everything at the place I’ve grown up.

In term of eateries, the quality is as not as good as in KL despite the high price they set for majority low-income earners here.

I had breakfast at my new workplace- I’ve ordered maggi TomYam. And for god sake, the cook just poured hot water into the Maggi bowl and charged me RM5.50 for that. For lunch, I ordered Pineapple fried rice. It was served with some sort of cheap sauce-(I used to consume the taste before that’s why I know the source).

I am particular with the taste but never the taste. I finally resort to packing food from home.

I shall stop bombarding about that.

The good thing about being here is be it Chinese, Malays, Kadazan, Dusun, Bajau and even other illegal immigrants are using the same language- Sabahan-malay language. It makes me feel like everyone is the same and equal with no difference in term of status.

But the language has always be the Malay. That's why I get a remark from my boss saying that Sabahans are very bad.  It upsets me, but at the same time, I am ready to prove her wrong.

As I am back here, occasionally I will hear youngsters whom I presumed are from convent English-speaking school.  They spoke broken English- manglish.

There's dilemma in choosing which language to use in everyday lives.
 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.