A child with parental love deprivation who found a good lover to fill in the gap-Part 2.


When I met my husband in 2005, he was not someone whom I expect to be able to give romance as what I have imagined to be happened in any Disney’s Happily ever after cartoon series.

In fact, there were a lot of disagreements even on the slightest matter such as where to eat for dinner, drinking too many sweet drinks, and etc. But strange enough, I chose to stay in the relationship long enough to the extend I accepted his invitation to stay at his parents’ house during holiday break.

If I could have afford flight tickets to go back hometown back then, I wouldn’t have the chance to travel to Cameron Highland, Pulau Redang, Pulau Perhentian, Genting Highlands and many places during my undergraduates. We wouldn’t have jointly bought a compact camera and captured so many fond memories, too.

Seriously I wouldn’t have the “vision” that two of us get married in the end. Back then, I seconded the idea of staying out of marriage, put thorough focus on career, and even felt honour to be a single mother if I was to have a child.

When he applied to come and work in Sabah, my hometown, dad quite reluctant to allow me meeting him although I had graduated and secured a job at that time.

One day, he popped up the question to my dad on mom’s birthday in 2010.

“I want to get engaged to your daughter,” he said and had the approval.  As the village head warned us not to get pregnant before wedding five years from the engagement, dad had became even more cautious and limit our meeting.

Husband thus expedited our wedding three years earlier to have me officially. There was no romantic or pleasant surprise wedding proposal, just “Hey, we are getting married this September, 2012. Be ready!”

Strangely I just said OK without having second thought there was no memorable proposal to be bragged about in future. But, he actually bore the RM50k cost for wedding ceremonies in Sabah and Penang.



The first few months were hellish life. I hated doing house chore but it doubled up when living with husband.

But life was good when I have someone warm to cuddle after cold shower in the morning or during rainy day; I have comfortable home, comfortable sofa to watch my dramas; someone remember my birthday every year; someone to send me to hospital although it was only gastric pain and food poisoning; someone to listen to my whining all the time.  

We are blessed with a daughter the following year in 2013 which was quite challenging as most of the time I had to take care of the baby by myself when husband was on call or studying for major examination.

At the third year of our marriage, everything seem to get better when husband starts picking up parenting skill and start cooking for home. But God might be testing our love by having him doing in-campus Master’s degree at our alma mater.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.