Exes get back together after 10 years?

Met an ex over a dinner few days ago. Our last proper conversation was about ten years ago. Below are the direct conversation took place in a restaurant.



Him: Oh yeah, I just had my third child last month. 
Me: Oh, congrats. Your wife is wonderful for willing to give you three children. 
Him: Well, I was quite surprised when she broke the pregnancy news. Told her to triple check and I even bought her one test kit to make sure the pregnancy is real. 

(Hmm, I would be upset if my husband who had sex with me without condom queried my pregnancy. I can't have a clueless man on pregnancy happens when there is no protection).

Me: Why you stop going to church? Isn't that you have to set a good example to your kids on the importance of having faith in their religion?
Him: Im working 12 hours a day, I only want to sleep once I reach home. Even my eldest son said something to me, I just said "ermm" and continue to sleep. 
Me: What a terrible father you are...
Him: Yes I am. I even smoke in front of them. Our fridge is also filled with beers.
Me: What? That's bad for their health and they might learn from you soon.  
Him: Nothing much can be done. Kids will eventually learn these things as they grow. 



(Oh my god. I don't see any "cool" element in being a bad role model and someone who think sleeping is more important than taking care of the children. Alcohol and tabaco are really taboo, yet, the father using both in front of the children). 

Him: Do you still remember what your father said about my last low-income occupation, and how that job could make you and I happy in future?
Me: Cant really remember the details. 
Him: But look at me now, I am a government servant. Your father looked down on me but see what have I achieved now?
Me: Well, I am sorry if my dad's words were offensive. But, if his words make who you are today, then you should be grateful.



(A man shall never make the family goes hungry. It is even worse if a man has to rely on wife's money to survive. Without a wise man saying harsh word to him, he might still be in the life of struggling financially, a man who can't even afford to take public transport. To be proud of his position now, which is three times lower than mine, I think he must have not seen the world yet. To say I am materialistic? I admit I am realistic. How to raise a family without money)

Him: If you and I were still not married and single now, is there any chance for us to be together?
Me: I don't think so. It is true that we were deeply in love. But, ten years has passed, I do not know who you are today. Most importantly, there must be a good reason why we broke up in the first place. My life now, although not perfect, but it is what I want. 
Him: Yeah, you are right.

(Really sorry, my ideal husband will be someone who loves the family beyond himself. Although love means embracing everything about the person, but it is greater to change ownself to make others happier).

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.