Agony of breastfeeding journey.

Most of the sounded people, who have yet gone through breastfeeding journey, might think that it is a marvellous and lovely experience.

The baby, of course the huge benefactor, besides the sense of security and comfort, she gets all essential nutrients and antibodies from the fresh milk.  Meanwhile, the feeder could also lose weight, natural birth control and less worry that baby will easily get sick.

Along the way, mothers suffer behind the scenes despite repeated assurance that they are happy to sacrifice for the babies' sakes.

Firstly, mothers have to expose nipples to let the baby drinks. Most of the time, not wearing bras will be most convenient as one could just simply retract the shirt. And while the action takes place, usually the husbands and babysitters,or other family members have to witness the not so humoring scene.

As breasts are in pair, other one will leak while baby sucks the other one. How we wish that there's a faucet to control the flow. Undeniably, we wet the other side of the shirt that's why often find that black shirt will make the dampness looks less obvious.

In public, of course I'll use nursing cover. That makes me less choice of dressing up. Often in Sabah particularly, which the practice of public breastfeeding is still unpopular, attracts attention from the public. Although some never voice it out but their gestures implicates uncomfortable. That has prompted me to bottlefeed my precious baby when we go out (besides baby isn't really comfortable and sweating while in the nursing cover).

When I am back to workforce, baby has been introduced to formula milk when I am away-Enfalac which cost RM100 plus for 1kg that could last for two weeks. Milk production might be more if I have the chance to pump out milk frequently.

However, the nature of my working place isnt conducive enough to do so. The workloads, as well as the people. I am working outside the office for several hours and when I have reach office the works have to be done as soon as possible. By the time they are completed, it is already 2pm. For each pumping session, I need to lock myself in normal toilet between 10 and 20 minutes. While I am imagining the flow of the Niagara fall, someone would definitely disrupt the thought by opening the handle loudly. The flow stops or slows down...Another round is at 430pm. I skip doing milk extraction during night and dawn, which other successful exclusive breastmilk providers say the most  milk yielding amount.

I am tired and have handful of houseworks to do once I come back to work. And I need to sleep. I rather baby latches on my boobs while both of us are sleeping. Despite knowing the solid reason on my laziness doing so to supplement the fridge, I also feel huge guilty when others are able to stock up their milk for their loved one at least until 6 month old.

The pumping activity has left a ring bruise around breasts. Will my husband be mindful of that ugly look?

Another stressor, which is the mother of all, is mom-in-law who has been against the practice of breastfeeding since Day 1 until now (perhaps till the day she leaves the world). She has been telling me breastmilk is not nutritious as the commercial type. Thus, it does reduce the expressed milk production besides prompting me to jump off my apartment.


I just hope that my baby grows up strong as My job nature and motherly instinct really can't afford to have her sick.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.