How I manage my #Terribletwo toddler?

My toddler at 2.5-year-old.

When she turns 2 last year, I was thinking to myself whether I could handle the #terribletwo episodes for twelve months alone.

Six months have passed, I am glad I could pull through because it doesn’t seem to occur on daily basis. I would describe it as once in a blue moon.

She is quite a happy child, eating and sleeping well, her social anxiety has subsided, talkative and basically growing up like other healthy and normal children.

Among the behaviours that make her slightly different from others and gain attention from adults are her dress code and some thoughts.

My dear’s hair grows much slower that she feels the need to use a towel or shawl to make the hair “long” so she could look more like Queen Elsa (Frozen) or Princess Sofia. She’ll use that cloth day and night except sleeping time. Therefore, I have extra weaning task at hand.



The other thing is this girl likes to run speedily. There was one time she just let go of my hand and ran on the road, luckily I managed to catch her while a moving vehicle also stopped upon spotting from far a tot running wild and dangerously. It almost gave me heart attack and I have to repeat many times need to be careful on the road.



I am not sure what is the right amount of food for a toddler to eat, as it takes into account on her metabolism rate as well right? This girl can jog non-stop for 30 minutes and climbs thing whenever she could. Besides three meals, she asks for chocolate milk twice and recently doubled. What surprised me further, she wants a bun after the milk. 

As long as I am feeding her healthy snacks, I guess it won’t harm as we could afford to buy more food.

Sleeping hours are quite regular. 10pm until 8am, and nap two hours in the afternoon.

Babysitter and I limit her screen time. I used to “babysit” her with Ipad or smartphone whenever I am going to take bath or cook which require to leave her alone at a place at home for awhile.

Thank God, both gadgets bored her already. So, I don’t have to wean her and toxic child syndrome will not affect her much.

I try to occupy her days with non-electronic related activities such as doing house chores, bringing her to the market, paying bills and even outdoor activities such as running and picnicking.  Lush green outdoor is a great therapy and it makes the tot happy and content.

I also task her to take care of stray cats in the neighbourhood. Bought a packet of cat food and let the baby feed them while watching the feline reacts. Simple response from those cats makes my toddler giggles and sometimes laughs hysterically.



For now, I really enjoy the companionship my daughter gives me.  There are times I resent I have to race against time in doing things I love, but the joy she gives is beyond words.







Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.