5 things that I will not buy in 2021 as a minimalist.



 Embarking in minimalism lifestyle is not an overnight journey. 

After reading Minimalism by Joshua Fields Millburn, Ryan Nicodemus during last year's lockdown made me realise that I do have to go less for more to be happier, content and not struggling with materialistic. 

I had followed Marie Condo in decluttering the house, which one of the elements is keep only those that "sparks joy". Therefore, going into minimalism which is to have "only what you need" is definitely an uphill challenge.  




It is so hard to get rid things that are already at home. Discarding them make me feel guilty in piling up more unwanted items into the landfill. 

Therefore, I write down things that I am not gonna buy this year to reduce more items at home. 

1. Notebook/physical planner

There are so many notebooks/planners at home. With the digital world today, most of the notes are being taken via mobile device and apps. Occassionally, it does feel good to scribble on paper. Instead of getting new and fancy notebooks, I should just use the existing books available at home. 


2. New clothes. 



To be honest, my wardrobe has yet being turned into the recommendation "capsule wardrobe". Still having sentimental feeling over dresses and other clothes. Therefore, avoiding getting into the apparel retail shops or online platform should be a big "no-no" to me. I did try to go the shopping mall early this year, did pretty good in resisting to buy clothes home. 


3. Lipsticks and makeup. 



It is pretty obvious that with Covid-19 pandemic, it is essential to wear mask to prevent infections. Therefore, it defeats the purpose of looking good with lipstick. Furthermore, with the best and safest way to prevent from contracting virus is stay at home, it is pretty obvious makeup would be the least thing that people need. 

4. New smartphone 



The telecommunications package often offering phones with cheaper rate that comes with at least 2-year postpaid mobile plan. Though I can afford it with my current financial status, but, I really cant think of how to use more gadgets that I already have now. Each phone would need maintenance and cause more hassle if I have another additional gadget in life.  

5. Starbucks coffee



It has nothing to do in adding more items at home as I usually use tumbler for coffee takeaway. But, in my country, Starbucks really costs a lot for middle income earners like me. If compared to other brand, I could buy two cups with the price of a cup of cappuccino from #Starbucks. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.