Lockdown is a money growing opportunity.


Growing money vctor image by Freepik

Covid-19 pandemic has indeed affect many people, forcing them to be part of the unemployment statistics.

Myself is also not exempted from the threats of losing my sunset industry job. 

Been working with the company for nine years. These few recent years, there has been multiple announcements on retrenchment and downsizing exercises. 

Strangely, the bosses would decide to do it at the advent of Chinese New Year. Do they think that breaking the news during that time will be good for those celebrating the festival? 

Having enough with the emotional torture from the company, I decided that 2021 will be the year I get better in money managing including getting involved in investment. 

There is always opportunity when the crisis occurs. 


I have to give credit to husband on teaching me this valuable lesson. That's why they say marry someone who is better than you, then you will be motivated to go on same direction. 

Apart from his high-paying job, the man always spend his time on studying about money, property, investment among others. 

Perhaps it is the family background factor, he sees risks as opportunity to earn more.  Myself, coming from a very conservative family that emphasises "your life is guaranteed by working in the government sector". 

Understanding my fear, husband introduced me to a mini investing game with lower risk but quite a good return. 

As I am comfortable with the method, I began to invest via fintechs. 

I am addicted and having fun playing with money. 

Such a babystep is a leap forward for me to go for free financial classes. 



Despite being busy from morning to night, I still surf 20 minutes of youtube lesson with YouTuber Investing with rose

I like her, although husband advises that there are better financial consultants that I should follow and learn from. 

At the time of writing, I only watched partial of her videos list. 

But, I am inspired to know that there's someone out there who share same value as me.

She is about the same age as me, but of course wiser in money subject.

She believes a woman in her 30s still can be content without having to spend excessively for something, own branded or tonnes of items, as well as just having handful of friends.

I feel like meeting a soul mate, a mature and wise woman... It is just that she is faaaar from where I am now. 

What did I learn from Rose? Have I applied them in life? 

I have a friend or two whom my other former colleagues and I used to make fun of their stinginess.

But, it turned out, his habit is the reason that he is richer than all of us. 

The simple thing he refused to pay for, even an RM2 parking ticket, is actually crucial when people take into account of the multiplication to 365 days and the compounding effect. 

I learn that and more other tricks to minimise spending to maximise saving/investment opportunities. 

Of course, Rose taught ways to earn money during lockdown, too. Having the skill in creating contents, it is probably doable to get passive incomes. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.