Taking it slow but consistent in losing body fat.

 

Image by FREEPIK


Another 1 month plus, the world will be ushering a new year of 2024. Despite some time away from that, I already started questioning myself whether I have done enough. 

Like many, one of the things to look into is always the health or body weight/body fat. My cholesterol level has been at the borderline and exceeded the normal value for the past three years. I always thought that having active exercise lifestyle will help as how it was when I was younger. 

But it turned out it did not help much as long as I am not looking after my diet intake. I am not saying exercise doesn't not help at all, probably that is also the reason that my cholesterol level does not spike too much to the extent that jeopardise my health badly. 

Right now, my body fat percentage is 30 per cent, which is 1 per cent away from "Unhealthy body fat percentage". 

Thus, I am taking slightly "strict" diet control which also includes omitting "obese" and "foodies" friends as research showed that I am likely to turn into their body sizes by 57 per cent if I keep on hanging out with them.  It has been few months since I distanced myself, it does not only help me to control my fat intake but also save more money as I don't have to spend too much money while eating out. 

When I scrolled through my social media, I found out that I had been eating healthily with more plant-based diet with avocado, lettuce, kale and other juiced drinks. Thus, that explained of my no-effort to be in slim figure. I guess, it is time to be in that lifestyle again. 




Cooking own meal. 

When I don't have to work outside (which I entitled for free food), I would go for intermittent fasting between 12 and 16 hours and breaking fast with home-cooked meals. 

Though I can't yet restrict myself from delicious food, but I tried to incorporate high fiber, high protein and white rice mixed with brown rice.

Hoping that one day I could survive on eating salads and chicken only.  

More muscle building workouts


Due to increase of age, I also realized that the risk to lose muscle is also higher. The loss is exacerbated with my love for long ours of cardio, according to Built With Science - Jeremy Ethier (Get the right workout for you) - BlackFriday

Im hoping those high protein food, combined with weight training, I could shed some of the fat while building muscles. 










Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.