Postnatal Confinement period 2- Malaysian version.

I am nearly at the end of the 30-day of confinement period. It means that I am getting stronger and will soon have to do the babysitting, house chores, cooking all by myself.

How was it to be in the confinement state? As I was about to deliver, many had told me that a woman has to be very careful during those period as she will be at her most fragile condition. I was quite worried as I thought I would be bed-ridden, severely sick and etc. The thought that I had to fully dependent on others was not that I intend to be. 

However, it turned out that I felt quite energetic after few hours of laboring the baby except I could feel numbness at the perineum side with sanitary pad soaked with blood. Other than that, it wasn't as bad as what had been told.

Despite the surge feeling to do everything as usual.As I have used to move fast in everything,  I was repeatedly advised by older people i.e mother and mother-in-law to walk slowly and sit like a princess (no crossing leg) to prevent tear of the stitched episiotomy wound. Luckily, the wound is intact despite my fast-paced movement. I am glad that the wound is now fully recovered.

But, they are right when they said a postnatal mother had to get enough sleep. Prolong sitting to nurse the baby eventually cause low-back pain and  pressurised the vagina area.

Other than that, the advise on wearing additional clothes should be followed as I did easily catch cold when winds blew towards me. The immediate side effect is having the migraine kind of headache, and the affected bone will be numb and uncomfortable.

Not taking bath for the whole month? I don't really practice that as hygiene is essential for healthy living for me and the baby. I resort to take bath with lukewarm water (with Eu Yan Sang herbal bath). However, I noticed that my skin easily get wrinkled when I took bath longer than 10 minutes.

Traditional herbal soup such as Dang Gui, Rice wine chicken and ginger pork are quite tonic. I wouldn't deny that they gave me extra energy and speedy recovery feeling. However, I have hardened stool as there are no vegetables or fruits to smoothen the bowel movement. But, luckily I had passed motion three days after delivery, and later have quite consistent toilet visit. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.