Putting a newborn to sleep throughout the night.

Unless the baby is unwell, there's no way to ensure a newborn sleep through the night as adults usually do.

I am sharing my way of taking care of her at night time as I find mothers' who share theirs on line has helped me a lot going through the phase.

I put my one-month-old baby to our bedroom, where she is co-sleeping with us, at about 9.30pm. As newborns have problem to differentiate days and nights, I initiate some routines for her to understand the time- which she is supposed to sleep through the night as she is growing up.

Among the routines include cleaning her up with damp warm clothes (will bath her later after confinement period), dress her into a pyjama and change to diapers. Swaddling her seems giving her the sense of security which reduce awakening episodes as the tightness reduce her startle reflex.

Other than that, yes, I do give her forehead kisses which I don't during daytime. Of course, we also reduce other stimuli such as the light intensity and conversation.

Initially, she didn't get the clues but as of today at day 27th, the baby seems to sleep more peacefully than before and less crying.

In fact, the newborn only wakes up for milk session of about 15 minutes and another 15 minutes to get into deep sleep.

I hope my experience will help other mothers out there to undergo the same process. Cheers to all mothers in the world.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.