Culture Shock in Kuala Lumpur

Borneons who come to Kuala Lumpur for the first time will have to endure the ridiculous pressure from the local people. Sometime, they tend to give a confuse look on us for not able to tell what kind of race we are. Well, judging their intelligent and open-mindedness, they will either presumed the natives from east peninsular are either Malay, Chinese or Indian. The stereotyping game is sometimes applied as well to the peninsular people who happened to have interracial marriage parents- there's a case where a boy was forced to put his race as Malay in identity card for the sake that he has an Arabic name, followed by his father from Arab who married his chinese mom but the whole family is not muslim. Abiding the rule in Malaysia, he had to do so.

Pardon those people for their ignorance (even after the Borneo joined Malaya for 48 years). People here are also materialistic, they are slaving for those who appeared to have loads of money.

I know that I should blame myself for not carrying LV bag, no high heels, plain and blunt face without heavy make up, my hairdo is suck and etc. But, the fact that a waitress in fast food restaurant ignored me for my ordinary appearance, that proved how materialistic she was. In reality, I work a professional job and I earn better money than her. It is just that I do not pour my money onto branded stuff which functions to please other or make other look up on me?

I just would not buy the trick, I would not change my identity for them- the kitchen helper and etc.

Culture shock? I am too intelligent to alter myself for those crap. Seriously, I don't see any need for me to fit into the society.

Yeah, its better to think that I am the illegal refugee who have no sense of fashion or having more money than they do- It saves me from robbery, criminal might have also think that I am too pitiful to make my life more miserable.

I do know few fellows from the east that need companions desperately as their loves are 2000miles apart from them. Local guys are taking advantage of the loneliness and try to become life partner for them.

Heard this from a Sabahan who worked for quite sometime here, " The guys here like Kadazan and Dusun for they are caring..",

With abundance presence of those kind of guys, girls should have be more careful in choosing friend, as they might want to be more than what we expect. (Apparently, borneons are more friendly which can be mistaken as we have feeling toward them).

Mentioning Kadazan Dusun, most of the time are Christians, should be more aware of the compulsory needing to convert to Islam. A one way ticket, once convert there will be no reverse gear.  Plus, the conversion might cost one losing the whole family. It is a serious matter that has to be pondered than merely loving someone out of culture shock.

P/s: Kuala Lumpur is just an office for us to dig money out of it. The place does not has to change who we are. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.