Taboo for pregnant women.

I am almost 39th week pregnant, and suddenly paternal grandmother who is 87-year-old passed away.

I am not really close to her, but it is sign of respect to have the desire to pay her last visit.

However, my Chinese husband and mom-in-law said "no pregnant lady should attend a funeral...." without saying the rational behind it.

Mom and Dad said the same thing.

Other friends told me that I just had to pray for her from home. If I insist going for the ceremony, I should have wrap my tummy with red/white clothes.

That's spooky though. It gives me the idea that as my fetus is a partial human being, she might 'meet' grandma's soul. And, as I was told by dad that grandma wasn't really a nice person- as she didn't really treat others well. It is best that I listen to what people have been telling me to do.

Anyway, grandma. I am not going to judge your past here. But, I do believe that the existence of Bree and I are because both of us had you. Rest in Peace and May God takes good care of you. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.