Sacrament of Penance

Sacrament of Penance

In catholic, there are seven sacraments which are Baptism, Confirmation, Eucharist, Communion, Penance, Holy Order and Matrimony.

In the advent of Christmas, Sacrament of Penance is some sort of compulsory thing to do, which help individual to be freed from sins before the coming of Jesus Christ.

The principle is the same as when we are coming back to home from far, Our parents will expect us to be as 'clean' and pure as possible, so that they will proud of us. Good Children will do that to favor their family also.

What someone has to do before, during and after confession?

Before: One has to feel truly sorry for the sins that one has committed. It is a long checklist, if I have to write it down here. Basically, the common thing that has to check through is our faith on God, our deed (Are we reflecting God?)

During: This is the format, is easier so one can confess accordingly. (Source from Catholic.org)
Begin your confession with the sign of the cross, "In the name of the Father, and of the Son, and of the Holy Spirit. My last confession was _________ weeks (months, years) ago."
The priest may read a passage from holy Scripture.
Say the sins that you remember. Start with the one(s) that is most difficult to say. (In order to make a good confession the faithful must confess all mortal sins, according to kind and number.) After confessing all the sins you remember since your last good confession, you may conclude by saying, "I am sorry for these and all the sins of my past life."
Listen to the words of the priest. He will assign you some penance. Doing the penance will diminish the temporal punishment due to sins already forgiven. When invited, express some prayer of sorrow or Act of Contrition such as:
An Act of Contrition
O my God, I am heartily sorry for having offended you and I detest all my sins, because I dread the loss of heaven and the pains of hell. But most of all because I have offended you, my God, who are all good and deserving of all my love. I firmly resolve with the help of your grace, to confess my sins, to do penance and to amend my life. Amen.
At the End of Confession
Listen to the words of absolution, the sacramental forgiveness of the Church through the ordained priest.
As you listen to the words of forgiveness you may make the sign of the cross with the priest. If he closes by saying, "Give thanks to the Lord for He is good," answer, "For His mercy endures forever."
************************************************************

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.