Traditional father

Recently, I announced my plan to get married within a year. And, the response that I get from my dad was he wanted me to follow the fast rule of his village tradition strictly- which I am not so keen of.

In this modern day, he still insist the guy side to bear all the costs of marriage which is nonsense to me. He felt very insulted that at my side, I will bear all the cost, he said it was kind of "buying yourself".

The elder generation should not restrict the youngsters in their decision without better reason rather than the lame excuse of tradition. Some more, I was not brought up at the village that he was born to. I could not see any rational that the villagers have to bear witness on my partner handling over the money.

Most unacceptable was my parent intended to arrange on my wedding plan- guests list, meal set, and etc.

Based on previous cousin's wedding reception, it was totally a pain on the ass as some other uncles were criticizing the event management, after they had eaten all the meal, taken every goodie bags, their children stole all the balloon-for-decoration. I know its kind of irritating to have particular relatives.

After all, a wedding is a blissful ceremony where the groom and bride get blessing from the attendees, not the other way round.  

I do not know that dealing with parents on my once-in-my- lifetime wedding could be that stressful .

I have done with being asked on what to do, or not to do, choosing my degree course and etc. I cant tolerate such puppetry anymore. Duh, as if I am still 10. Obviously, I am not.

My conclusion is, I am not getting married...





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.