Breaking the news

To date, most of people dropped their jaws in disbelieved when I told about my pregnancy. Some paused for awhile before they recheck the statement I issued earlier, and some refused to think or imagine further on how it happened.

Recently, a guy friend who is quite active in sports said my character did not fit into my current situation. " You are a person who will only conceived after two-year of marriage, how could you spoil everything within just two-month?", he was taken aback as I can't fulfill my promise to join next year Borneo International Marathon.

My unmarried sister, said it was so yucky that I got pregnant this soon, and it took her about 30 minutes to finally ask me proper questions on my morning sickness, its gender and food aversion. And she bombarded me again with the issue who would take care of my baby since my mom is only 47 year old next year, she questioned on why husband and I were rushing into parenthood when we would face difficulty in looking for babysitter once I have to resume back to my work (Husband said there shouldn't be any reason that I should give up my high-paid salary, he reckoned my mom to resign and us paying her the same salary she is earning now. On other hand, mom-in-law is willing to take care of baby provided it is happening in Penang-No way, I am going to separate from my baby).

Mom, she congratulated both husband and I when I showed her our booklet from antenatal clinic. what I manage to surprise her was I announced it on the day I was going to participate in relay run. She actually followed me to the venue and insisted to replace me.

Sister-in-law, made a long distance call from Australia when she saw I posted my relay run picture in facebook. She was telling me not to join such aggressive activities for time being and to eat well.

Mom-in-law, told me not to eat "hot" thing which refer to durian, ?????.....no idea.

My regular masseur was so shocked in the midst of doing full body massage, she said I couldn't lay on my tummy for such a long time, it would compress the baby. Immediately, she changed the massage to facial service. She even told me I cant have shoulder massage at this first trimester.

I am wondering how my colleagues and boss will respond when I break the news. 

I decided not to tell them about it until they notice my baby bump. None of them is significant enough to know about it and make a funny response that will affect my mood. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.