Klinik Kesihatan Luyang for antenatal follow Up.

I had four-day spasm at lower abdomen which prompted me to pay a visit(making "booking"-first appointment with antenatal personnel) at government clinic in Luyang area.

The clinic offers mother and child, dental and general illnesses services. As for the antenatal, it opens daily except Saturdays and Sundays, from 8am to 12.45pm (Friday until 11am, due to the country gives way for the majority muslim government servants to perform Friday prayers).

 Citizens will be charged RM1 for the visit that include basic investigations such as urine pregnancy test, blood test i.e vdrl, full blood counts and thyroid test, ultrasound; and consultation.

 To mention the rumours that illegal immigrants flooded the government premis, it seems like it is not the case on my first visit. In fact, they only exist 2 in 10 local patients.

 Back to my visit, I was quite blurred on the procedure flow when I reached there. But it is a basic rule to get queue number at the counter. The receptionist was also blur when I told her it was my first time..therefore, she just referred me to antenatal clinic.

At there, few student nurses were happily greeted me and asked a referral letter from private clinic that certified im positive for pregnancy. I don't have it, so I need to repeat urine pregnancy test.

The investigation lab was about 30 plus steps from the clinic. When I reached there, it was quite crowded that some had to stand waiting their name to be called or for the results. That time, it was quite inorganised, people were holding their document indicating required investigations, standing anxiously as no one was at the counter. I peeked into the room, all the lab personnel were busy poking people's-young and old- arms attempting to withdraw blood while others were running test on urine, sputum, and blood with their sophiscated machines.

There's standard waiting time for every type of investigation, ranging from 30mins to 1 hour. Perhaps, the waiting period wont feel that long if they are today's newspaper or other magazines available on the empty racks. I presumed the staff had given up provide.free material as they kept on missing.  Finally, the receptionist who was also pregnant at her 3rd trimester came and everything was under control.

On this day alone, I had urine test that result returned within 3mins, blood test for fbc about 30mins, and another blood test for thyroid test required about 1 month which the antenatal clinic personnel will trace for me. I had no problem waiting for the result as I could just find any seat and read my book, or go to restaurant across the streets to curb my hunger.

 I was called into a room with three midwifery students handling three patients at a time. There are a lot of questions to be answered that I wished I could have filled in the white and red books myself. Those include personal details available on my nationality identity card, my race, current home address, last menstrual period, date of marriage, education level, occupation, past and current medical and surgical history, and also husband's basic detail.

 There was also health education on benefits of breastfeeding for the mother and baby. I wished they could also tell that having cats or gardening increases the risk of having toxoplasmosis that endanger the baby's perfect feature. I was also looking forward to what to, or not to eat during the pregnancy. After the interview, they discovered i had fine tremors during the physical examination. Previously, I never had the problem until left arm was poked with needles (yes, there's hematoma sign and painful). But, as the doctor was quite concerned whether it was associated to hypothyroidism, I was told to poke my another arm for thyroid level test. Both arms injured.

 A doctor in charged for my ultrasound assured me that baby was really small but could see her heart beating. As for my on off cramp, she said it was because of my hormones rather than any abnormalities. She was quite shocked when I asked her whether I could continue my jogging and wall climbing activities. "We won't take any responsibility with the risk that might incurred with the activities you involved in during your first trimester. "You might want to continue those after 3-month gestational age, supported with healthy baby development during our next follow up,"she said. That moment, it sounds so much like a company selling some sort of products.

 My next appointment is on January 8. Trainee nurse was quite tolerate with my working schedule, but old..veteran staff gave me a stare that I have to oblige with the date.

Honestly, I cant wait to do the follow up and have a look on her development through ultrasound printout image.

Comments

  1. hello..:) I want to ask.. do they make booking for antenatal ( first visit ) daily ( monday-friday ) ? or only certain day.. because i want to go there for "booking ", but im afraid if they have certain day for antenatal booking.. thanks.. sorry for my bad english :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Really sorry for the late reply. I guess you have sorted the issue. All the best for your pregnancy

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.