Chinese cultural wedding.

I had just underwent my fourth and fifth wedding ceremony recently (the first having marriage or registration, then church wedding and later reception).

Since the chinese ceremonies were held two weeks after the one I had in Sabah, therefore I had the lackadaisical attitude which quite annoyed my husband.

And the day came, instead of being excited, I was quite irritated for knowing I had to wake up by 6am for the 3-hour makeup and hairdo session. And, the most torturing part was to endure my toilet urgency in a huge dress with another can-can layer in within.

For Chinese, they played the girls fooled the bestmen and grooms prior to seeing the bride. So, I had my childhood bestie who was quite hardcore in torturing people. As for mine, she had asked them to sing national Anthem Negaraku, push up, write down 10 promises and dance the Oppa Gangnam-style.

As the game finished, a lady, which my family called her as "Penghuluwati" because she was so manipulating and treated us like kindergarten kids, would be giving orders on how to proceed with the ceremony.

1. As the groom passed the torturing part, he would be allowed to enter my room, which I was supposed to hide from the beginning.  He was instructed to knelt and said he loved me and would take care of me forever.  Later, the groom would unveil and kissed my forehead, while I had to kiss his both cheeks so that no other women would take him away from me.

2. We had to bow to each others for many times. I have always had to stand/sit on his right. We also need to wear shoes all the time, even at homes.

3. We made two rounds around the wedding car..then returned to the house and my husband had to tell my dad that he was going to take care of me, and later both of us had to tell parents that we just came back.

4. My mom then passed me a basket with full of oranges (12), and its a symbolic of wish for me to get lot of children.

5. The tea ceremony began, my parents gave angpau packets after sips of tea.

6. We headed to three different temples around, and since I am a Catholic, my husband did all the prayers. As we were coming out from the car, it had to come out from same doorside. As we entered the car, the driver had to make sure that the head of the car is heading forward the direction as an indication the marriage will smooth sailing.

7. When we've reached groom's parents' house, there are more superior relatives queuing for the tea ceremony. I got three gold jewellery from grandmother, new dad and new mom.

7. At the bride and groom room, husband was instructed to fold angpau around the end of a folded fan, thus used the fan to unveil me once again, while I had to open his coat.

Then, it's done...

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

CICA-Care and Hiruscar gel.

Review on Qdees school.

Groupon-Tomoko Hair Salon.